When planned and added thoughtfully, a pathway can make a world of difference to home landscaping. Adding natural stone pathway comes with a host of benefits as well. A pathway enhances the aesthetics of the landscaping plan and provides a whole new perspective to the home’s exterior styling. Adding steps also ensures that transition from one section in the landscape to another becomes smooth and seamless without spoiling the meticulously maintained lawn.
Using natural stone steps can further enhance the overall aesthetic and effect. The different natural textures and rustic look also promise durability. Whether you are working with a sloped landscape or a flat one, these low-maintenance steps are sure to come in handy. And the versatile finishes available in natural stone steps make them suitable for both commercial and residential buildings. Also, these days, there are so many outdoor landscape lighting options available that can be added at ground level. So, you can experiment with different types of lights to make these stone pathways extra gorgeous at night.
Why you should use natural stone steps
- Natural stone steps are easy to maintain
- They remain as good as new even in heavy-traffic areas
- They are easy to install
- They can stand the test of time
- They can withstand various weather conditions, including heavy rain, as well as high and low temperatures
- Natural stone steps are timeless and can easily blend with all types of landscaping styles
The perks of using natural stones in place of other materials
- Some outdoor materials show signs of wear, like cracks and chipped edges, but this is not a problem with natural stone steps.
- The naturally textured surface on these stones makes them safe to walk on even when they are wet, unlike other materials with smooth finishes like wood that tend to get slippery.
- The natural weight of these stones holds them in place for a long time, unlike lightweight brick steps.
Most popular natural stone types used in landscaping
While there are plenty of choices in natural stones, the following are the most reliable options trusted by landscaping professionals everywhere.
- Flagstone - These easily last for decades and don’t require intensive cleaning and maintenance. Given that many colours and textures are available in this type, you can easily choose a variant that suits the home exterior colour scheme in question.
- Limestone - If you need something that looks uniform throughout and easily blends with the existing landscape elements, limestone is a great choice.
- Granite slabs - Are known for their durability and are incorporated in many outdoor landscaping elements besides pathways.
- Guillotined drywall - It can be installed easily and quickly. Despite being a lightweight choice, this one is durable and safe for long-term use.
Best places to find natural stones for landscaping
To execute a landscaping project flawlessly, you need to shop from the right place. Most hardware stores do stock up on basic landscaping supplies. However, suppose you are looking for a variety of natural stones and high-quality materials. In that case, you should head to a specialty landscape supply store. You will be able to save quite a bit of time this way, as you won’t need to hop from one store to another for all your landscaping needs. The staff at specialty stores will also be able to provide you with the best recommendations based on the latest trends in the field of landscaping.
To make a difference in the field of landscaping and complete projects successfully, be aware of the latest trends always. And use natural stones wherever possible. They are sustainable, durable, and can be used in so many ways to add more value to any landscaping project. Customers will be happy with such low-maintenance options as well. Here at FSI Landscape Supply, we provide landscaping contractors and professionals with a wide variety of landscape supplies, including an assortment of natural stones. Contact us today for all your landscape supply needs.